As an Empowerment Coach Sara understands that our approach to learning is different. People need to be passionate about what they are learning and fine the experience enjoyable.
With her variety of well-being, educational and business knowledge she can help you look at ways to help empower yourself and/or your young people. This can also include:
- Support for individuals and the whole family
- Holistic tuition, tailored to your child’s or young person’s requirements and learning style
- Life coaching, mentoring, energy healing, nature therapy, forest fun and meditation/mindfulness
- Young person’s entrepreneurial tutoring and support using modules from the Wellbeing Connection and Business Connection Strategies
My qualifications include:
- BA Educational Studies (2/2) – Middlesex University
- Safeguarding course & STEPS Course – SNAP/MENCAP
- Life Coaching Skills – The UK College of Life Coaching
- Wellness Coaching course – The Chrysalis Effect
- Rule No. One Mum has fun (Childcare Methodology) – Nicole Mackenzie
- Natural Mindfulness for Children – Cotswold Natural Mindfulness
- Introduction to Bushcraft and Survival – Polaris
- Self relaxation – Oakland’s College
- Forest School leader (Practical Assessment) – Down the woods
- First Aid Outdoors – First Aid Academy
- Fully DBS Checked
My experience includes:
- Running companies including IT consultancy and self employment
- WordPress development
- Coaching IT skills
- Running outdoor activities including children’s fun sessions and wild/nature weekend retreats
- Teaching IT in secondary mainstream school and special needs school
- Teaching and teacher assisting in SEND schools
- Teaching IT and Science in PRUs (Pupil Referral Unit for behavioural needs)
- Home education and alternative education
- Children and young adults on the Autistic Spectrum and/or with behavioural issues.
- Providing alternative therapies including life coaching, tuition and energy healing
- Writing children’s short stories and creating learning activities related to them
- Creating interesting and enriching lesson plans
Calm, patient, compassionate, intuitive, understanding non-judgemental, respectful, analytical, holistic, curious, mindful, and firm yet fair.
Please contact me to discuss your requirement/s
Champion For Children
“A champion for all children. Taking Children’s wellbeing and alternative education around the world.”
I am passionate about empowering children to reach their full potential. I have a dream for all children around the world. In this highly pressured world children are under more stress with exams and academic pressure when, alternatively, they need to cultivate learning, emotional, social, spiritual and personal skills.
Some autistic children do thrive in the school environment. For example, my oldest son, who has autism, excelled at computing and has achieved a first with honours in a computer science (with artificial intelligence) degree and a top computer programming job. He thrived on the routine of school and his support was managed throughout his school, college and university life by the same support team. He was so lucky to have this continuation of support. Not all children with autism are able to cope with the stress of schooling so the educational of children needs to be looked at on a case by case basis.
My youngest son had difficulty accessing school due to illness. He managed 1.5 years in secondary school and at the time I was writing my Education Studies Degree dissertation on home education so I decided to de-register and home educate him.
He learnt about his main passion, which was computing and luckily as I was a computer expert earlier on in my life I had the know-how to help him. His literacy and numeracy skills were just a by-product of his studies. He read manuals and instructions, wrote journals about his projects, researched prices of resources and did calculations to work out the most cost-effective way of purchasing his resources.
My youngest son also learnt valuable life skills, like how to budget and run a household. He learnt about household maintenance, shopping and cooking. He is well equipped to go out into the wide world and look after himself when he chooses to.
With the rise of autism and mental health issues in children I feel that throwing medication at the problem is not the full answer. We need to look at the holistic picture, including food, environment, social interaction, health, mind and spirit. With my wide variety of experience and skills, (see About me), I am able to combine my skills to create a personalised holistic solution for you and your child’s needs.
Please contact me to see how I can help empower you.